Civil Project Engineer (m/f)
Civil Project Engineer (m/f) – Ireland
We have been retained by our client, a leading Irish engineering company specialised in turnkey substation solutions in the field of power transmission, renewable energy and transportation, to recruit a Civils Engineer to take care of engineering, coordination and execution of the civils engineering aspects for medium-voltage and high-voltage substation projects in Ireland.
- Prepare Requests for Quotations for civil /structural sub-contracts
- To check and comment on civil documentation in accordance with the contractual requirements of the project, specifications, standards and local codes of practice.
- To carry out quality control checks on site ensuring accordance with inspection and test plans.
- To resolve site Technical Queries, remedial works and snags.
- To liaise with Project Management on civil engineering budgets and to provide forecast cost to complete estimates, programme updates and associated justification to changes in expenditure.
- To challenge civil designs to reduce risk and improve efficiency.
- To support the PSDP / PSCS in the enactment of their duties.
- To support the Temporary Works Coordinator in the enactment of their duties.
- Undertake site engineering function to ensure managing the engineering inputs, resolution of site queries and supporting the successful construction and commissioning stages of the project.
- As and when needed reside at project sites full-time for the period required by the projects to ensure safe and fast resolution of any issues arising from and related to civil / structural engineering.
- Ensure all interfaces and scope areas are captured in Issued for Construction designs sent to site and support timely resolution of any site issues related to engineering.
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of substation engineering experience
- Extensive experience in managing design/construction interface to ensure smooth delivery. This could with either contractors or consultant alike.
- EPC experience an advantage.
- Strong knowledge on applicable civil/structural design and construction practices. Experience in delivery of high voltage substations an advantage.
- Experience in engineering leadership as well as preparation/management of BOQs, change claims, cost estimates, project plans, etc.
- Willingness to frequently visit and reside on site locations full-time as and when required by the projects.
- The employer can provide employment only to candidates that hold EU citizenship or are eligible to work in Ireland.
- Permanent full-time position in Ireland
- Hybrid work – remote with occasional site visits.
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for more information on +385 1 5626 651.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.